Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:02, 22 February 2022 by Mr F (Created page with "= Running the demo = API source, lightmapper binaries and the demo content are in separate repositories, so they can be updated separately. * Download API headers and the de...")
Running the demo
API source, lightmapper binaries and the demo content are in separate repositories, so they can be updated separately.
- Download API headers and the demo source from github.
- Build the solution. Original files are created for Visual Studio 2015, but newer versions should work as well. Alternatively, create your own solution in any IDE on Windows. It does not require any dependencies or static libraries, so it should be as simple as adding all .h/.cpp files into the project.
- Download Bakery compiled binaries from github.
- Extract the binaries into the "bin" folder that should be placed next to BakeryAPI.exe.
- Download demo models/textures from github.
- Extract the "model" folder next to BakeryAPI.exe.
- Create the "scene" folder next to BakeryAPI.exe.
- Run BakeryAPI.exe. You should see baking progress printed to the console. Scene folder will be populated with temporary files.
- In the end you should end up with sponzaLM_final.hdr file created in the scene folder, which is the final lightmap. Demo source also demonstrates other ways to export final data.